Our Covid Holiday Season will soon be upon us! In lieu of our traditional SHS Christmas Show, we invite you to share your
holiday themed creations and decorations virtually! Please post captioned photos of any floral designs and festive features that
you have created (this year or in previous years)! Post them on
our Fb group or email them to me at email@example.com .
If you wish to become a member of our Facebook group (optional), tap the link ... Sudbury Horticultural Society Facebook group
NOTE: - Since this is not a competition, use whatever you have handy, and whatever makes you happy! The classes below are only guidelines for inspiration.
SECTION A – Floral Designs
1. “Admire from Afar” – a wreath for a door
2. “Memories of Last Year” - wall or door décor, not a wreath, perhaps using an unusual container/hanger
3. “A Candle and a Prayer” – a design using candle(s)
4. “Getting into the Spirit” – a seasonally decorated planter or sleigh to brighten your entrance or the front of your home
5. “A Complement to Dinner” – a centrepiece for the dining table
SECTION B - Festive Features
6. Christmas Baking – a plate of your favourite cookies, or Christmas cake, or traditional bread, etc. (perhaps a gingerbread house?)
7. Arts & Crafts(stitching, quilting, knitting, painting, etc.)
8. Hand-made Greeting Card (for that special person whose company you cannot share this Christmas :)).
SECTION C – Youth (ages up to 15)
9. “Decorating for the Season” – Show us what special thing you do for the holidays.
The SHS Board of Directors has made the decision to cancel or postpone until 2021 all events and meetings originally scheduled during the remainder of 2020.
Stay tuned for news regarding our 2021 calendar of events.
Read the Nov/Dec issue of Gardening on the Rocks...
Visit our website sponsor ...